Prompting and Prompt Engineering Best Practices
- Featured Insights
- November 24, 2023
What Is Prompting?
Types Of Prompt Content
This is the main part of the prompt, which the model will respond to, such as questions or tasks like completing sentences, generating content, summarizing text, answering questions that require web research and more.
- Extract all the important entities mentioned in the text below. First, extract all person names, then extract all addresses of each person, then extract all person’s ages and finally extract the country of residence of each person. (add text)
- Provide ideas to decorate an apartment using a minimalistic style.
- Classify the following items from largest to smallest.
- Give me a list of things I should bring on a camping trip.
- Can you give me a list of top places to visit in New York in August?
- Provide a summary of the text below containing all main ideas organized in bullet points.
- Make the below text clearer and more concise, and correct all grammar errors.
Prompt Direct prompting (Zero-shot)
Few shot prompting
Tips To Create A Prompt
- Get the latest model version, read through the latest documentation, and understand the model’s capabilities, strengths, weaknesses, and any specific syntax that would help the model perform better.
- Be as specific as possible, and provide clear instructions on the desired outcome, style, length, constraints, and format. Provide context or examples to the model.
- Use different techniques, experiment with different words and styles, fine-tune when needed and select the technique that produces the best results.
- Break down complex tasks into a sequence of simpler prompts.